Andy Redhead Bio
Andy Redhead (M) served twenty years with the Metropolitan and later with Northumbria Police during which time he gained three National Police qualifications becoming one of only a handful of Officers nationally to hold the quite unique combination of the three. These are National Police qualifications in Rapid Intervention (Kidnap and Ransom and Hostage rescue), as a Bodyguard and as a Tactical Firearms Advisor. He has participated, advised and planned many operations such as Royal/Diplomatic visits, pre-planned and spontaneous firearms responses, dedicated protracted undercover surveillance operations and anti-terrorist matters.
He is retained by a number of broadcasters and has commentated for the to the National TV Media on many matters including:
- Security surrounding the Pope's visit to the UK in September 2010
- The Royal Wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton
- Security surrounding the Queen’s visit to Ireland
- Global Terrorist activities
- The French Shootings (March 2012)
- Security surrounding HRH The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee (Jun 12)
- Olympic Security (Jul/Aug 12)
- The challenges facing the UK Police and Security Service to tackle IS recruitment and activity
- The terrorist siege/hostage situation in Sydney Australia
- The terrorist attacks and subsequent siege/hostage situations in Paris France.
- The terrorist incident on a train in Belgium/France
Most recently Andy has been advising on security (both physical and electronic) relating to asset movement and tracking around Europe and the UK.